Wanderer Class Cheap Campervan Rental. Camping Gear Included!
WANDERER CLASS TRAVEL VAN
DODGE GRAND CARAVAN AND CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY 2008-2012 | SLEEPS 2 PEOPLE | SEE FURTHER SPECIFICATIONS BELOW
- A road savvy travel van with a basic set up and backpacker-friendly rates! It offers a convenient way to travel & explore with everything you need to be comfortable.
- You can arrange to pick up your budget campervan rental from San Francisco and Los Angeles Lost Campers depots and return it to either depot if there is availability, at the conclusion of your holiday. Please check the camping car rental Terms for more information prior to making a booking.
Sleeps 2 people
Travels 5 Passengers
75 Liter Tank
*Please note that Wanderer Vans are not permitted to travel into Canada.
Our Wanderer Class is our most basic (but still awesome!) sleepervan. Totally discreet with no signs, these vans are perfectly suited for backpackers. Although they are the oldest hire campers in our fleet, these vehicles are frequently serviced, very clean and well maintained! Don’t let the higher miles on the clock or the odd scratch and some minor wear and tear fool you, most often many vehicle parts have been replaced and upgraded. These vans are strong players.
We are replicating the true backpacker style, cheap campervan that you can find in places like Australia and New Zealand but after seeing some on offer there, we must be cheeky and say ours are in better condition and perfectly ready for your awesome, west coast USA adventure.
- 5 seats (2 front seats and 3 seats in rear – for comfort-ability, we recommend 2 adults or 3 smaller people in rear seats)
- One super comfortable, full size bed (this is the same bed that is in our Sierra vans and shown in our ‘How to open bed’ video found on our FAQ page)
- All have sliding doors on both sides of the vehicle
- There is a storage area under the bed box, as well as storage in the trunk/rear of the van
- Includes bedding & a convenient kitchen set up
CAMPING GEAR INCLUDED WITH EVERY RENTAL!
- Similar to our Sierra class vans but these cheap campers have a few less features and higher miles on clock – still in good shape & well maintained. Great for laid back travels around California and bordering states
- Fantastic campervans to drive and incredibly comfortable to sleep in
- Bed folds away allowing space for set up of an interior table with use of the rear bench for seating
- A simple set up with no sink or water storage (as offered on Sierra class)
- Comes complete with cooking and outdoor dining kit – stove, outdoor picnic table and chairs, full dish kit, ice cooler – and full linens
Age of camping car rental vehicles
2008 to 2012
3.8 liter, V6, automatic transmission
16 city / 22 hwy mpg. 20 gallon tank
Length : 16.10 ft; Width: 6.4 ft; Height: 5.10 ft
5 seats total. 2 seats in front and 3 in rear. 2 child seats can be installed via the latch or seatbelt system, 3 child seats would be a squeeze
Length: 6 ft; Width: 4 ft; Thickness: 4.5 in
Storage under bed
Deep well storage under bed. Length: 2ft; Width: 4 ft; Height: 3ft; Fits 2-3 backpacks and some smaller bags, also rear of the van there is more storage. Soft bags or backpacks still recommended as a vehicle support bar in storage box reduces space for large bags to fit, however you can manage with a few suitcases by also using other areas of vehicle.
Storage at rear of van
Deep well storage in trunk, perfect for 2-3 medium/large suitcases plus other small bags.
What is included
Our budget travel van rental vehicles have absolutely no signs, advertising or crazy colors on them.
All rentals come well equipped and include camping gear
- One very comfortable, full-size bed (most comfortable van bed on the market!)
- Fresh fitted sheet and pillowcases, pillows and cozy duvet comforter with cover
- Privacy curtains on all 4 sides of van and tinting on rear windows
- Some of the largest storage areas of any campervan in the US
- Small folding table & 2 camp chairs (extra chairs provided based on availability)
- Great stereos, air-conditioning/heating when van engine is running
- Large ice chest cooler
- Full outdoor kitchen & cooking kit: Double burner portable propane stove (*propane not included), Large ice chest cooler, A dish kit with all the basics you need to cook and eat
- Check out our informative FAQ page for further details and instructional videos!
Things NOT included that you may want to bring along:
- Propane for the stove. Our stoves require the small, green canisters found at most grocery stores. They normally cost a few dollars each. One canister can last 3-4 days, cooking 2 meals per day, on average.
- Night time lighting. Be sure to bring along headlamps, flashlight or lanterns
- The dish kit does not include a kettle, coffee press or cutting board, pot lids are also not included, aluminium foil is a nice remedy if you need to cover a pot while cooking.
- Paper towels and a scrubbing brush
- Bath towels
- A lighter or matches
We include 24 hr. roadside assistance with all of our budget campervan rental Los Angeles and San Francisco vehicles, so on the rare occasion that you may need help, you can get in touch with one of our roadside specialists who will provide you support.
Lost Campers is the first & original cheap camper van rental company in the Western USA. We are NOT a giant corporate camping car hire company like our competitors. We are family owned and operated since 2007 and we were around before the other guys. We care about our customers and we pride ourselves on having amazing customer service. This is why you find so many 5 star reviews on Yelp, Google and Facebook for us. Lost Campers was founded by backpackers & travelers, for backpackers & travelers. We want to help you GET LOST!
Need camping car rental for an extended trip?
If you are planning a trip of 21 days or more, we require our renters to check and maintain the essential fluids (such as oil, brake fluid, coolant and power steering fluid) to ensure proper vehicle operation and to keep on our maintenance schedule at our nationwide fleet servicer. We can assist you with arranging service for the van during your travels to keep it running tip-top. There are places in the USA that can be extreme on vehicles. If you are considering doing a large number of miles, the newer Sierra, Moab or Redwood Class is highly recommended.