**** We here at Lost Campers understand the unfortunate circumstances related to the travel bans and advisories due to the coronavirus. Information regarding our coronavirus specific cancellation policy can be obtained via an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All cancellations must be submitted via email. Please do not cancel by phone. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during these difficult times.****
Camping Car Rental Reservations:
Looking to rent a camper in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California ? A nonrefundable booking deposit of 25% of the camping car hire balance is required at the time of confirming a reservation. Booking deposits have a minimum of $45 and a maximum of $500 if 25% of the balance is more or less than these amounts. Payment for the booking deposit is to be done via the primary driver’s debit or credit card. Once this booking deposit is received, the reservation will be confirmed. Full payment for the remainder of the fee and any additional equipment or optional insurance added following confirmation is then required upon pickup of the hire vehicle. Please note that a $30 preparation fee is applicable to all rentals, this is automatically included in every reservation when quoted or confirmed.
Call us today at 1 (415) 386-2693 or Toll Free: +1 (888) 567-8826.
Payment must be made in U.S. Dollars with the primary driver’s card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. We also accept payment for the remainder of vehicle rental in cash or with a debit or credit card in one of the driver’s names at the time of an pickup. Renter must also hold a proper credit or debit card for the required security deposit (see below for further info). Sorry, we do not accept personal checks.
Lost Campers does provide an after hours pickup service.
After-hours pickup can be booked for Sundays and for some hours outside of our regular business hours. We require a $400 security deposit for after hours pick ups. Please email us email@example.com for more information or call us on +14153862693 during business hours. See below for some more information. **Please note that Burn*ng M*n rentals are not available for after-hours pick ups.
ALL booking deposits are nonrefundable.
For cancellations made 14 days or more prior to your pick up date, we will hold your booking deposit as a credit on file (minus a $45 cancellation fee) for up to two years from the cancellation date to be used on a future booking with us.
For cancellations made 13 days or less prior to your pick update, the booking deposit is forfeit.
All cancellations must be made in writing to Lost Campers Inc. Email is an acceptable way to send us your cancellation notification. Emails must come from the email address listed in the booking.
Before delivery of a Lost Campers vehicle to the Renter, a security deposit is required. This transaction is set up as an authorization hold (not a charge) on a major credit card or debit card in the primary driver’s name. Please make sure the funds are available on your card prior to pick up. The security deposit will be voided following the return inspection of the vehicle. Returning rentals must be deemed undamaged, full of fuel, clean, all equipment is returned and in the same condition as when rented. Rentals returning after hours or with rooftop tents may have a 24-48 delay on the void of the security deposit. *Cash, cheques & pre-paid travel cards are not acceptable for the security deposit. Lost Campers may accept a debit card from another country for the security deposit with proof of liability insurance that covers a vehicle (or if you are taking our Supplemental Liability Insurance). Please contact us for further information and approval for use of a debit card. A higher security deposit is required for after-hours pick ups.
Security Deposits are applicable as follows:
All pickups within business hours is a $200 security deposit.
After-hours pickups are a $400 security deposit.
For all Redwood Class van rentals, the security deposit is $400.
Lost Campers USA Terms on Insurance
Our Insurance is very simple and uncomplicated. See our insurance page for further information. Insurance selections can be made at the time of booking or at the time of pick up. Insurance cannot be added to a rental once the contract has commenced and you are on the road. We have different terms for insurance for our after-hours pick ups.
Driver’s License/Proof of Identification/Minimum Age
All drivers must hold a full and current driver’s license that is valid for the duration of the rent period that they present at pick up. At least one driver must have a major credit card in their name. Drivers must be at least 21 years of age and have had a full motor vehicle, driver’s license for at least one year. To rent a Redwood Class Van, you must be at least 25 years of age with a full and valid driver’s license and major credit card in your name.
Further proof of identification may be required for foreign drivers.
If the driver’s license is not in the English language an International Driving Permit or a certified English translation is required to be presented together with the driving license. Foreign drivers will also need to bring their passport to pick up.
The road trip vehicle rental cost includes two drivers. Lost Campers does not charge any additional fees for the second driver. Additional drivers are subject to the same driver’s license requirements as the primary driver. No more than 2 drivers are permitted per contract. Both drivers must be present at the time of pickup to sign the contract in person. An additional driver can be added to the agreement at a later time than the initial pickup, by coming to a Lost Campers depot in person with their driver’s license (and international driving permit and passport if applicable) to sign paperwork. A driver cannot be added to contract if they do not come in person to a Lost Campers depot.
Vehicle Pick Up
Lost Campers reserves the right to adjust pick up times according to availability. We stagger pick up times to avoid long wait times. If an adjustment is required, we try to keep the amended time as close to the original request as possible. We ask that you be on time for your scheduled pickup. If a delay arises please contact us to assist you with rescheduling. We take our first pick up of the day no earlier than 9 AM and the last pick up of the day no later than 4:30 PM. Any delay past 4:30 PM will be subject to a rescheduling of the campervan rental pick up to the following business day. We are closed on Sundays and all major holidays. We do offer after-hours returns when we are closed for business.
After-Hours Pick Up
We offer an after-hours pick up option that allows our customers to schedule their pick up time outside of regular office hours. There is a non-refundable after-hours processing fee of $75 applicable for this service. All documents and the rental contract are sent via email. Customers are required to have access to a printer and scanner to print, sign, scan and email all applicable paperwork back to the Reservations Team. Clear, color photocopies (not photos) of applicable driving documents are required. Proof of insurance is required. The rental balance is due, in full, at the time the after-hours reservation process is completed (within 5 days of booking). A $1,000 security deposit is is required, this hold of funds is set up 24-48 hours prior to the pickup of the vehicle. All online booking requests for after-hours services will be contacted by the reservations team prior to confirmation of the reservation to verify that the terms required for this service can be met. All after-hours pick ups must be booked in advance at least 7 days prior to the pick up. All paperwork must be done 5 days after you have booked. **B*rning M*n rentals are not available for after-hours pick ups.
Minimum/Maximum budget camper Rental Period
The minimum period is 3 days in LOW season, 4-5 days in MID seasons and 5-7 days in HIGH season. Exceptions may apply. The minimum rental period may be longer over busy periods (usually last half of July and early August or around festival dates). We are able to rent our Campers for up to 90 days at a time. For rentals over 60 days, special arrangements for a vehicle exchange at one of our locations must be made at the time of booking. For lengthy rentals please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and we can provide you with the best possible quote and information prior to booking.
Returns are available 24/7, we do not charge additional fees to drop offs outside of business hours. Lost Campers car hire rates are based on a 24 hour period which begins at the time of pick up. Vehicles are available for pick up at the designated time on the first day of the rental. Vehicles must be returned by the agreed time on the drop-off date. A one-hour grace period will be given for the late return of a vehicle. A full-day rent charge will be applied once the vehicle is more than 2 hours late. No refunds will be granted for late pickups or early return of vehicles.
Lost Campers USA Terms on Mileage
Lost Campers offers unlimited mileage for travel within these states only: California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.
If you plan on travelling to and east of the Missouri River, we require that your booking is for at least 21 days. For travel to the east coast, we require that your booking is for at least 30 days. We reserve the right to charge a fee for vans that travel outside the allowed areas without permission or for any rentals that travel an excess number of miles which we consider mileage abuse.
Driving on unpaved roads (excluding county and state maintained roads), dirt roads, restricted areas and ‘off road’ areas is not allowed. Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown, collision, or other, associated with operating Lost Campers vehicles in these areas. Lost Campers’ insurance protection will also be null and void.
The following are restricted areas:
- Anywhere in Mexico and Alaska
- Anywhere in Canada, unless a specific Canadian coverage card is pre-purchased from Lost Campers at pick up. A Canadian coverage card can be purchased at the Van pickup for a one-time fee of $55. Wanderer camping van rentals are not permitted to travel into Canada. Discounts or free card for lengthy rent periods may apply. This card allows the vehicle to be taken into Canada and allows access only to the Canadian States bordering the USA. (i.e., no travel to Yukon, Northwest Territories or further north than Edmonton, Alberta; etc.) Travel to Canada is taken at your own risk. Renter is responsible for towing related charges to the Rental Vehicle and for any and all related problems while traveling in Canada. If a breakdown occurs in Canada renters will liable for all towing charges and/or all costs to return the vehicle to a Lost Campers depot. Renter is liable for all towing costs in the event of an accident.
- Death Valley. Lost Campers will allow our vehicles into Death Valley. Permission is required from Lost Campers for entry and special terms and conditions apply. Contact for more details.
- Any unimproved road, trail, track (excluding county and state maintained road)
- Any off-road areas (dunes, beaches, riverbeds, logging roads, forest trails, dirt trails etc.)
- Burning Man Festival – Travel to the Burning Man festival in the Nevada desert, located just outside of Gerlach, Nevada, otherwise named ‘The Playa’ OR to this location at any time of year is not permitted in a Lost Campervan, due to the extreme nature of this area, unless prior permission has been granted. Please email for our special festival rates and further information. A $2000 fine will be imposed if a Lost Camper van is taken to this area without Lost Campers permission.
Lost Campers USA Terms on One-Way Rentals
One-way camping car rentals are available between of our locations depending on availability.
We require a minimum hire period of 3-7 days for a one-way road trip depending on availability. One way fees start as low as $50 with a maximum of $325. The drop fee depends on the length of rental and travel dates. Our instant quotes & reservation page will quote current offers for one way drop fees and will show discounted prices for lengthy rentals generally over 40 days long.
- Please do not smoke inside Lost Campers vehicles. Step outside to smoke! This means ANY KIND of smoke. There is zero tolerance for smoking in our camping vans for hire!
- We allow well-behaved dogs to travel in our vans for a non-refundable $55.00 pet fee. All pet hair must be removed from the van prior to returning the van. Should any damages occur due to the pet, the renter is fully liable for the cost of repairs. We do not allow pets to go up in the rooftop tents in our Hotel class of vans. There is no charge for bringing along a registered service dog if you are able to provide paperwork.
- Towing of anything by a Lost Campers vehicle is prohibited at all times.
- All passengers must use vehicle restraint systems (seatbelts) while the vehicle is in motion. No passenger is to travel in the back of the vehicle unless factory seats and seatbelts are installed and used. Sorry guys, gals, and pals, no sitting on the bed while the vehicle is in motion. Lost Campers does not accept any liability for any injuries incurred to passengers traveling in the back of the vehicle and/or while not using seatbelts.
Lost Campers USA Terms General Conditions
All camping vehicle rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of Lost Campers’ Rental Agreement and its Addendum and any supplemental Rental Agreement. Rates, policies, terms, and conditions are subject to change without notice. Lost Campers USA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Lost Campers assumes no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage or injury that Renter might experience, no matter how it is caused or by whom.