ALL RENTALS INCLUDE UNLIMITED MILES IN THE DAILY RATES
Flexible pickup & drop off options scheduled just for you. Schedule your pickup during regular business hours Monday-Saturdays between 9 AM & 4:30 PM. 24/7 drop off times. | Need to pick up outside of business hours or on a Sunday? Contact the Reservations Team before booking an after-hours pick up option.
Sierra Class Cheap Campervan Rental- Camping Gear Included!
The Sierra Class travel van
- Our most popular rental vehicle, with a full size bed, a sink with counter space at the back, it offers a convenient way to travel & explore with everything you need to be comfortable.
- You can arrange to pick up your budget campervan rental from San Francisco, Los Angeles or Salt Lake City Lost Campers depots and (depending on availability of cars) return it to any one of the three depots at the conclusion of your holiday. Please check the camping car rental Terms for more information prior to making a booking.
Sleeps 2 People
Travels 5 passengers
75 liter tank
Sierra Class Budget Camper Van:
- 1 full size, very comfortable bed with good headroom – it’s soooo comfortable
- The bed folds away allowing space for set up of an interior table with use of the rear bench for seating
- Sink in the rear of the van with 5-gallon water storage and 5-gallon waste water tank
- Sliding doors on both sides of the vehicle, great for easy access to the bed
- Includes bedding & a convenient kitchen set up
The Sierra vehicles are:
- Fantastic campervans to drive and incredibly comfortable to sleep in
- Well suited for long distance trips
- Up to 5 people can travel – 2 people up front (incl. driver) and 3 in the rear seating (we recommend 2 adults in the rear seat or 3 children)
- 2 child seats can be installed in the rear seating with ease (or 3 streamlined child or booster seats)
- The best amount of storage space compared to other similar campervans on the market or add a roof cargo bin for added storage.
- Much better fuel economy than a motorhome
- No need to book expensive RV campsites, you can stay at a tent site at most campgrounds
Age of vehicles
2011 to present.
3.4 to 3.8 Liter, V6, Automatic transmission.
18 city / 24 hwy mpg.
Length – 16.9 ft; Width – 6.4 ft; Height – 5.75 ft (plus an extra 5 ins with the RV awning).
5 incl. driver
Length- 6 ft; Width – 4 ft;
Storage under bed
Deep well storage under bed. Length – 2ft; Width – 4 ft; Height – 3ft; Fits 2-3 backpacks and some smaller bags, also rear of the van there is more storage. Soft bags or backpacks still recommended as a vehicle support bar in storage box reduces space for large bags to fit, however you can manage with a few suitcases by also using other areas of vehicle.
What is included
Our budget travel van rental vehicles have absolutely no signs, advertising or crazy colors on them.
All rentals come well equipped and include camping gear
- One very comfortable, full-size bed (most comfortable van bed on the market!)
- Fresh fitted sheet and pillowcases, pillows and cozy duvet comforter with cover
- Privacy curtains on all 4 sides of van
- Some of the largest storage areas of any campervan in the US
- Small folding table & 2 camp chairs (extra chairs provided based on availability)
- Great stereos, air-conditioning/heating
- Full outdoor kitchen & cooking kit:
- Double burner portable propane stove (*propane not included)
- Large ice chest cooler
- A dish kit with all the basics you need to cook and eat
- Check out our informative FAQ page for further details and instructional videos!
Things NOT included that you may want to bring along:
- Propane for the stove. Our stoves require the small, green canisters found at most grocery stores. They normally cost a few dollars each. One canister can last 3-4 days, cooking 2 meals per day, on average.
- Night time lighting. Be sure to bring along headlamps, flashlight or lanterns
- The dish kit does not include a kettle, coffee press or cutting board, pot lids are also not included, aluminium foil is a nice remedy if you need to cover a pot while cooking.
- Paper towels and a scrubbing brush
- Bath Towels
- A lighter or matches
We include 24 hr. roadside assistance with all of our budget campervan rental Los Angeles and San Francisco vehicles, so on the rare occasion that you may need help, you can get in touch with one of our roadside specialists who will provide you support.
Lost Campers is the first & original cheap camper van rental company in the Western USA. We are NOT a giant corporate camping car hire company like our competitors. We are family owned and operated since 2007 and we were around before the other guys. We care about our customers and we pride ourselves on having amazing customer service. This is why you find so many 5 star reviews on Yelp, Google+ and Facebook for us. Lost Campers was founded by backpackers & travelers, for backpackers & travelers. We want to help you GET LOST!
Need camping car rental for an extended trip?
If you are planning a lengthy trip, we will require you to check and maintain the essential fluids and waters to ensure proper vehicle operation. We also assist you with arranging service for the van during your travels to keep it running tip-top. Parts of America can be extreme! If you are considering doing a large number of miles, the newer Sierra, Moab or Redwood Class is highly recommended.