A nonrefundable deposit of 25-30% of the total rental fee is required at time of reservation for rentals of 3 – 20 days. For rentals over 21 days, a deposit of only 25% of rental fee is required, capped at a maximum of $750. Payment for deposit is to be done via primary driver’s credit card. Once this deposit is received, the reservation will be confirmed. Full payment for the remainder of rental fee and any additional equipment, optional insurance or mileage package added following confimation is then required upon pickup of the rental vehicle.
Call us today at 1 (415) 386-2693 or Toll Free: +1 (888) 567-8826.
Payment for the rental must be made in U.S. Dollars with the primary driver credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We also accept payment for remainder of rental in cash, with a debit card or with travelers checks at time of Van pickup. Renter must also hold a proper Credit Card and this card will be used for the required security deposit (see below for further info). Sorry, we do not accept personal checks. All rentals require a valid credit card to rent from us. Debit card holders must speak with rental associate BEFORE sending a reservation request.
All cancellations must be made in writing to Lost Campers Inc. Deposits are nonrefundable; although exceptions to this policy may apply when you cancel at least 14 days in advance and we may hold your deposit on file as a credit towards future travel, minus a $45 admin fee. Cancellations within 13 days of pickup forfeit the deposit.
Before delivery of a Lost Campers vehicle to Renter, a security deposit is required. The security deposit is currently $400, which will be taken as an authorization (not a charge) on the primary driver’s credit card. Please make sure the funds are available on your card. This cannot be done with cash, a debit card or prepaid travel money card. It can only be on a credit card owned by the primary driver who is present in the office at time of pickup. This authorization will be cancelled upon the return of the vehicle if it is deemed undamaged, clean, all equipment is returned and in the same condition as when rented, and the vehicle is returned with a full tank of gas, as per the terms of this Rental Agreement. A credit card in the driver’s name is required to rent a Lost Campers vehicle.
If you DO NOT have a major credit, you must speak with a rental associate BEFORE sending a reservation request.
Lost Campers USA Terms on Insurance:
Our Insurance is very simple and uncomplicated. See our insurance page for further information.
Driver’s License/Proof of Identification:
All drivers must hold a full, valid driver’s license for the entire rental period, with at least one driving holding a major credit card. Further proof of identification may be required. An international driver’s license with an English translation is recommended for foreign tourists. Foreign tourists must also present their passport at time of vehicle pick up. Only drivers specified on the contract are allowed to drive Lost Campers vehicles. All specified drivers with their licenses must be present at time of vehicle pick up to sign paperwork.
An additional driver can be added to the rental agreement at a later time, by coming to a Lost Campers depot in person with their license to sign paperwork. A driver cannot be added to contract if they do not come in person to a Lost Campers depot.
Minimum Age of Drivers:
All drivers must be 21 years of age or older. However, you must be 25 years or older to rent the Redwood vehicle. Proof of age must be ascertained by a valid driver’s license. We do not charge youth fees for drivers 21-25. Drivers 20 years and under are not permitted.
Lost Campers’ vehicles are designed for two or five person travel. The rental cost includes two drivers. Lost Campers does not charge any additional fees for the second driver.
Vehicle Pick Up and Drop Off:
Lost Campers rental rates are based on a 24 hour period. Vehicles are available for pick up at the designated time on the first day of the rental. Vehicles must be returned by the agreed time on the drop-off date. A one-hour grace period will be given for the late return of a vehicle, after which there will be a prorated charge of the daily rate for the next hour the vehicle is dropped off late. A full-day rental charge will be applied once the vehicle is more than 2 hours late. No refunds will be granted for shortened rentals. There are no refunds for late pick up or early return of vehicles.
Minimum/Maximum Rental Period:
The minimum rental period is 3 days in LOW season, 4 days in MID seasons and 5-7 days in HIGH season. Exceptions may apply. Minimum rental period may be longer over busy periods (usually last half of July and early August or around festival dates). We are able to rent our Campers for up to 4-6 months at a time. Special conditions apply. For lengthy rentals please email email@example.com us for details, so we can provide you the best possible quote and further information.
Lost Campers USA Terms on Mileage:
- An extra 100 miles a day can be purchased for $19 a day which gives you a total of 200 miles a day.
- An extra 200 miles a day can be purchased for $25 a day, which will give you a total of 300 miles a day.
Driving on unpaved roads (excluding county and state maintained roads), dirt roads, restricted areas and ‘off road’ areas is not allowed. Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown, collision, or other, associated with operating Lost Campers vehicles in these areas. Lost Campers’ insurance protection will also be null and void.
The following are restricted areas:
- Anywhere in Mexico and Alaska
- Anywhere in Canada, unless a specific Canadian coverage card is pre-purchased from Lost Campers at time. A Canadian coverage card can be purchased at the Van pickup for a one-time fee of $55. Discounts or free card for lengthy rentals will apply. This card allows the vehicle to be taken into Canada and allows access only to the Canadian States bordering the USA. (i.e., no travel to Yukon, Northwest Territories or further north than Edmonton, Alberta; etc.)
- Death Valley, unless specific approval has been given by Lost Campers’ staff
- Any unimproved road, trail, track (excluding county and state maintained road)
- Any off-road areas (dunes, beaches, riverbeds, logging roads, forest trails, dirt trails etc.)
- Burning Man Festival – Travel to the Burning Man festival in the Nevada desert, located just outside of Gerlach, Nevada, otherwise named ‘The Playa’ OR to this location at any time of year is not permitted in a Lost Campervan, due to the extreme nature of this area, unless prior permission has been granted. Please email for our special festival rates and further information. A $2000 fine will be imposed if a Lost Campervan is taken to this area without Lost Campers permission.
Lost Campers USA Terms on One-Way Rentals:
One-way rentals are available between all of our 3 locations, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. We require a minimum rental period of 3-5 days for a one way rental depending on availability. One way fees start as low as $50 with a maximum of $300. The drop fee depends on length of rental and travel dates. Our instant quotes & reservation page will quote current offers for one way drop fees and will show discounted fees for lengthy rentals generally over 40 days long. We are also working on obtaining more Lost Campers depots around the country, so check back with us soon!
- Please do not smoke inside Lost Campers vehicles. Step outside to smoke!
- No pets are allowed (except designated service dogs) in the vehicles. Certain pets may be accepted with prior consent and with an additional pet deposit. Please call reservations.
- Towing of anything by a Lost Campers vehicle is prohibited at all times.
- All passengers must use vehicle restraint systems (seatbelts) while vehicle is in motion. No passenger is to travel in the back of the vehicle, unless factory seats and seatbelts are installed and used. Sorry guys, gals and pals, no sitting on bed while vehicle is in motion. Lost Campers does not accept any liability for any injuries incurred to passengers traveling in the back of the vehicle and/or while not using seatbelts.
Lost Campers USA Terms General Conditions:
All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of Lost Campers’ Rental Agreement and its Addendum and any supplemental Rental Agreement. Rates, policies, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Lost Campers assumes no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage or injury that Renter might experience, no matter how it is caused or by whom.
We are super proud our “Happy Campers” customers have given Lost Campers more 5-Star reviews in Yelp and Google than any other passenger van rental company in the Western US.
- Call us today at 1 (415) 386-2693 or Toll Free: +1 (888) 567-8826.
The above is a summary of lost campers usa Terms and Conditions that form part of Lost Campers’ full Rental Agreement. For detailed conditions, refer to the Lost Campers Rental Agreement and Addendum. The Lost Campers Rental Agreement and its Addendum thereto must be signed on the day you rent your campervan. Renter will receive a copy of the Rental Agreement, along with a copy of its Addendum thereto, upon delivery of the vehicle to Renter.
A full list of Lost Campers Terms and Conditions can be supplied on request.