Lost Campervans for Rent: the Most Fun and Affordable Way to Travel the United States
Campervans leave a smaller environmental footprint than the rental of larger RVs. Lost Campers is your answer to a brilliant road trip. Travel our way! Travel Lost!
Our Campervans have absolutely no signs, advertising or crazy colors on them.
Blend in with the locals while traveling through this amazing country. We’ve heard it a trillion times from our renters … they prefer to drive a van that doesn’t scream “I’m a tourist”. A sign-free van is a hassle-free way to road trip America.
Backpacker’s alternative to pricey RVs!
Our budget, discounted campervans for rent are used for camping, road trips and see plenty of adventure. They are serviced regularly, come clean and are perfect for friends and family who love the outdoors and backpacking the world.
All of our Campers come equipped with:
One very comfortable, full-size bed (we use a whole mattress and the feedback is these beds are more comfy than most motels!), fresh linens, pillows and cozy blankets, privacy curtains on all 4 sides of van, some of the largest storage areas of any campervan in the US, picnic table, camp chairs, large RV side awning, great stereos, air-conditioning/heating and full outdoor kitchen & cooking kit – double burner portable propane stove, large ice cooler and everything to cook and eat with. For further inclusions, please see our Rates page and the descriptions below.
All this plus great customer service from a family owned business is why Lost Campers has more 5-Star Yelp & Google+ reviews that ANY Campervan rental company in the US West.
Sierra Class Campervans for Rent
Dodge Grand Caravan or Chrysler Town & Country
- Fantastic van to drive and incredibly comfortable to sleep in
- Our most popular model which is more suited for long distance trips than our other classes
- 5 people can travel – 2 people up front (incl. driver) and 3 in the rear seating
- 2 child seats can be installed in the rear seating with ease (or 3 streamlined child or booster seats)
- 1 full size, very comfortable bed with good headroom – it’s soooo comfortable!
- Bed converts to an interior dining table and chairs
- Sink in rear of van with 5 gallon water storage and 5 gallon waste water tank
- Sliding doors on both sides of vehicle, great for easy access to the bed
- Best amount of storage space compared to other similar campervans on the market or add a roof cargo bin for added storage
- The Sierra class has just as much interior space as the Sequoia
- Age of vehicles: 2008 to present
- Engine: 3.4 to 3.8 Liter, V6, Automatic transmission.
- Fuel consumption: 18 city / 24 hwy mpg.
- Dimensions: Length – 16.9 ft; Width – 6.4 ft; Height – 5.75 ft (plus an extra 5 ins with the RV awning).
- Passengers: 5 incl. driver
- Bed Size: Length- 6 ft; Width – 4 ft; (with extra space at end of bed to stretch out).
- Storage under bed: Storage under bed: Deep well storage under bed. Fits 2-3 backpacks and some smaller bags, also rear of the van there is more storage. Soft bags or backpacks still recommended, however you can manage with a few suitcases.
- Extras: Air-conditioning, 2x12v cigarette lighters, Tinted Windows, Stereo w/ CD player all with MP3 plug, No advertising! Plus we have additional camping equipment to rent to make your trip more comfortable and fun.
Hotel Sierra Class
Sierra Campervans for Rent with Cool Roof Top Tent
- A Rooftop Tent can be added to our Sierra Class van (can’t be added to Wanderer)
- All other features of the Sierra class included, as described above
- This roof tent is streamlined and discreet and sits on top of the van – you don’t even notice it whilst driving!
- It has a very comfy, full size mattress inside and comes complete with linens, extra pillows & comforter
- Bed is over 6 foot long and 4 ½ feet wide. A 6 ft 4 tall person can easily sit up right on the bed
- This option allows 5 people to travel in the Sierra van and 4-5 people to sleep comfortably (2-3 up, 2 down)
- Easy access via ladder
- Waterproof, warm, well ventilated and extremely sturdy tent
- Opens up easily in approx 5 minutes and packs away in similar time
- Regular Sierra daily rates plus $3 to 14 per day, for roof tent, depending on season and length of rental
- Limited quantities which book out early over the busy months
- RV awning not included on van with rooftop tent
Redwood Class Campervans for Rent
Pickups and Drops at SAN FRANCISCO location only
- Largest Campervan in our fleet which is very modern and incredibly roomy inside
- This easy to drive van is so much fun!
- 6 people can travel – 2 people up front (incl. driver) and 4 in the rear seating
- Sleeps 5-6 in the 2.5 beds
- Full size bed inside van, 3 person bed in roof tent and a junior/child bed on the bench seat in rear of van; all incredibly comfortable and with very generous head room and inclusive bedding
- Interior dining table and chairs which can seat 4-6 travellers, along with outdoor table and chairs
- Dual battery system with a dedicated 30 liter fridge
- Kitchen unit in rear of van with sink, 6 gallon water storage and 5 gallon waste water tank, all cooking and dining equipment is included in daily rates
- Lockable storage underneath bed for your valuables and luggage
- Large RV awning
- The Redwood class is stepping it up a few notches. This is the ultimate van camping experience for the whole family or group of friends! Plus we have additional camping equipment to rent to make your trip more comfortable and fun
- Pickups and drops at San Francisco location only – NOT available in SLC or LA (Limited pickups in LA during Jan and early Feb 2016, then all redwoods will be relocated to SF for summer 2016)
- Age of vehicles: 2010 to present
- Engine: 5.4 Liter, V8, Automatic transmission
- Fuel consumption: 12 city / 16 hwy mpg
- Dimensions: Length- 19.7 ft; Width- 5.8 ft; Height- 7 ft
(plus an extra 2 foot in height with the RV awning and rooftop tent)
- Passengers: 6 incl. driver
3 child seats can be installed in the rear seating with ease (or 4 streamlined child or booster seats)
- Bed Size: Full Bed- 6 ft long; 4 ft wide; (with extra space at end of bed to stretch out)
3 Person Bed in roof tent- 8 ft long; 4.7 ft wide;
Junior/Child Bed on bench seat- 5.5 ft long; 2 ft wide;
- Storage under bed: Lockable storage under bed fits 3-4 suitcases plus other smaller bags; at rear of the van there is more storage for gear. Storage everywhere! This van is amazing.
- Extras: Air-conditioning, 2x12v cigarette lighters, 30l fridge running off a dual battery system, Tinted Windows, Stereo w/ CD player and aux-in MP3 plug, No advertising!
You must be 25 years or older to drive this class of vehicle.
Wanderer Class Campervans for Rent
Dodge Grand Caravan
- Our Wanderer camper van is our most basic (but still awesome!) Sleepervan
- 2 front seats, including driver
- One super comfortable, full size bed
- Most have sliding doors on both sides of the vehicle
- This van has a little less headroom (only a tiny bit less!) than our other 2 classes
- The front driver’s cabin is modern and spacious enough, even for the tall folk
- The storage area under the bed is also a decent size
- This van is easy to drive, handles well and feels like you are driving a regular car
- Just a little older than our Sierra class but in great shape & well maintained. Great for all kinds of trips!
- Comfortable setup – no interior dining table, sink or water storage
- Age of vehicles: 2005-2007
- Engine: 3.8 Liter, V6, Automatic transmission.
- Fuel consumption: 16 city / 22 hwy mpg.
- Dimensions: Length – 16.7 ft; Width – 6.4 ft; Height – 5.5 ft (plus an extra 5 ins with the RV awning).
- Passengers: 2 (2 front seats only, no room to install child seat).
- Bed size: Length – 6 ft; Width – 4 ft; (with extra space at end of bed to stretch out).
- Storage under bed: Length – 6 ft; Width – 4 ft; Height – 12 ins. (A large suitcase or 2 may fit but doors reduce accessibility – soft bags or backpacks recommended). There is also space between the bed and the back of front 2 seats for your gear.
- Extras: Air-conditioning, 2x12v cigarette lighters, Tinted Windows, Stereo w/CD player (most have MP3 plug), No advertising! Plus we have additional camping equipment to rent to make your trip more comfortable and fun
Camper Van Dining Setup
If you are planning a lengthy trip, we will require you to check and maintain the essential oils and waters to ensure proper vehicle operation. Parts of America can be extreme! If you are considering doing a large amount of miles, the newer Sierra Class is highly recommended.