- I'm giving you a five star rating and will definitely call Lost Campers the next time we visit your area. You offer the most well equipped vans, which is simply amazing. They're modern, well-maintained and very comfortable. All one has to do is drive and relax. For a first time camper, I felt like an experienced outdoors person on our trip. We were so blessed to find you on the internet. I still can't believe how your website just magically appeared. To us Lost Campers is a Finder's Keeper. (And, you are only a phone call away.) Thanks, Nick and Emma.
Joan W, New Jersey
- Finally we arrived in Germany. We had a really great trip. It was the best decision to rent a vanat Lost Campers. Everything worked so easy and you both were so friendly and helpful. I liked the way to travel with your van so much because we had the comfort we needed and were inconspicuous enough to sleep wherever we wanted to. (Yes no signs on the Vans!) So thanks for this nice journey! First we have to wait for our baby...its going to be born in October...but one day we will travel again with Lost Campers!!
Hope you like the pictures. Greetings from Germany,
Sybille & Andy, Germany
- My husband and I rented from Lost Campers in late April early May of
2009 to drive south of San Francisco to Capitola, Monterey, Sequoia
National Park, Yosemite, and lastly Napa Valley. The rental process and
all of the supplies and information that we were furnished were
incredibly easy and more than sufficient! The cost of the Lost Camper
Vans is fantastic! We priced out some RVs and found them to be quite
exorbitant when you factor in mileage cost, gas, generator, etc. We
also found that we were quite happy to have a smaller, compact van for
the hills and windy roads in the mountains, and in retrospect we
wouldn't do it any other way! It was also nice to always have our
things with us as well as not having to "set up camp and break it down" as everything is ready to go as is! Lastly Nick and Emma were
incredibly kind and eager to help us with any and all arrangements that
we needed to make. We most definitely would rent from Lost Campers
again and have told all of our friends and family what a great
experience we had. Thank you Nick and Emma!
Ryan and Leanne S, Florida
- Sorry for the delay in replying!
Feel free to use any of these pictures - they're not very crazy though!
And here's a quote - "Great vans, Good people - Lost Campers are the best!"
Janice P, New York
- Hi Nick,
We have recently returned from travelling around the world - our last stop being North America where we rented a van from you. We had previously booked the Greyhound Bus to take us round America, but after much consideration we decided that we wanted to drive ourselves as we felt it would be a great experience and we would perhaps see more of the country. This was the best decision we made. The van became our 'home' for over 2 weeks, and we had an amazing adventure driving around in it and finding somewhere to park up at night to cook dinner using the equipment you provided. The van was great to drive, reliable and probably some of the best nights sleep we had had in a few months!
We felt the campervan was excellent value for money and have recommended you to all our friends who are thinking of planning a trip in America. Lost Campers was a pleasure to deal with - thank you!!
Amy & Jimmie, Ireland
- Hi Nick,
We want to thank you for the wonderful service Lost Campers provided us with the rental of a lovely van which made our holiday even better as we were fully independent. We were impressed with the friendly staff as well as the good instructions to leave the city of San Francisco. It was a great holiday made possible by the ability to move down the coast to Santa Barbara at our own time and take all the beauty around us. Once again thank you and we will call on your services next year when we do the inner part of California. Cheers,
Julia and Marco, Germany
- Hello Emma and Nick,
I want to compliment you on your business. Annemary and I spent the last four days in 'The Big T' at a music festival in Mendocino County. The van performed flawlessly and provided for a very comfortable camping weekend. The best part was the cheerful customer service from you both! Keep up the good work! Wishing you much success and all that it brings! Best regards,
Michael Young, San Francisco Bay Area
- Lost Campers is the BEST! The van was terrific and so well outfitted
that I was in need of nothing. I was with a very large group, all were
envious, and next year they will probably be Lost Campers too. Getting a
van from them was the best camping decision I have ever made.
Tilden M, San Francisco
- We drove to Big Sur, California in one the vans named Mister Red.
The van was perfect, we had a great time and Lost Campers supplied us
everything we needed for the trip. We highly recommend this company to
anyone who needs to travel without the hassle of an R.V. We were also
able to park in the city underground car parks and go and see a baseball
game whilst in San Francisco.
Jen M, Texas
- Nick and Emma from Lost Campers helped us from start to finish. My
partner and I were very thankful. Nick picked us from the Hilton in the
city and took us to pick up the van. He waited we while got all our
stuff together. We drove to San Diego and saw our friends and then back
again. It was really hot outside but the air conditioning was perfect.
Lost Campers was easy!!!!
Ang and Gilly, Australia
- During our first visit to California we wanted to camp in a
similar way that we had done while visiting Australia. I came across
www.lostcampersusa.com and decided book a van trip to Lake Tahoe and
Yosemite. Nick and Emma helped us through the entire process from
picking us up at the airport, to pointing us in the right direction for
all the best shopping deals. The van was just what we wanted! It was
smaller than the typical American style buses and soooooo comfortable.
We even felt safe from the bear that visited our camp site one evening.
Thank you Lost Campers for a holiday we will never forget!
Sashka and Martin Bratislava, Slovakia
- Hi Guys, We absolutely loved our time in Beefy the van!
As far as travel advice goes:
- Don't sleep at Oakland Walmart.
- Don't park in front of a fire hydrant
- The interstates are good for big day drives, but to see the country better, stick to the smaller roads. You will also meet more interesting people...
- If you do spend a night in a motel, there is no shame in asking for a better price! At the Grand Canyon we got a $200 a night room for $100 just by asking. Well worth it for the sunrise over the rim.
- If you go to LA, you can get free tickets to see tapings of shows e.g. Dr Phil, Jay Leno etc. Good, free entertainment!
- If you plan on going to lots of National Parks, buy the Parks pass at the first one for about $80. It lasts a year and is free entry to all National Parks. You still have "to pay to camp there, but this isn't much. (This pass doesn't cover State Parks though).
- If camping at a State or National Park you can have a camp fire (unlike if you are at a RV park or Walmart..), and is a good opportunity to cook a BBQ!
- Go to as many truck stops as possible. They sell Jesus and Ed Hardy paraphernalia (air fresheners etc) which make good presents.... :-)
- Discount Malls. Enough said.
- A good tip: Odd numbered interstates in USA run North/South, and even numbered interstates run East/West.
Trip was awesome! Next time will definitely be for longer, as living in the van is surprisingly easy. Everything you need is there, and anything else can be purchased at Walmart! We had the most fun in the country areas, particularly when talking to locals who could not understand how/why we would be so far from home, and would always praise you when we ate up all the food they put in front of us! Cheers,
Georgie and Kate
- Hey Nick/Emma
Was just thinking about your vans today - it was this time last year that
myself and carla embarked on what we both say was our best holiday ever.
Apologies for delaying in relying but can i just say that your vans are just
amazing - we travelled the length and breath of California from San Fran to
Lake Tahoe, to Yosemite down to Vegas, accross to San Diego and back up the
coast to Santa Cruz and back into San Fran. We never had one problem with
the van and the driving experience was super. It really was like a home and
my god the bed was so comfortable. Without your van our holiday would not
have been the amazing trip it was. Even the cost of driving was great - It
was so cheap to fill with gas!! Unlike here in Ireland!! I will send on some
pictures in the next few days.
Just wanted to add that you guys were just brilliant too, full of enery and
very personable and so helpful which made us feel so welcome and settled us
very quickly. And a much bigger thanks to Emma for dropping us back to our
hostel, so so so brilliant - thanks a million Emma.
I really hope business is going well and I am sure Carla and myself will be
back. I have told everyone i know who is going to Cali on driving trip to go
to you guys first. Best experience i have ever had.
Thanks a million from Dublin
Eoin and Carla, Ireland
- From the start Nick and Emma were fantastic to work with. We were taking a once in a lifetime vacation that took us from Los Angeles and Disneyland to Route 1 to Yosemite and then on to San Francisco, and our Lost Campers van (Gilly) helped us make the trip comfortably and safely. Any time we had questions or adjustments before the trip, we got thoughtful, expert communication. Upon arrival, and after a short cab ride from the airport, Emma got us on the road quickly with all that we needed for our trip. After an amazing 10 days, we were (of course) later than expected returning the van, and Nick got us quickly to the airport, knowing that with a traffic jam in the area there would be no way we would make our flight in time without his help.
This is the way to run a business.. offer something special, treat people with kindness, and give a good value for the money.
Thanks Nick and Emma for your contributions to our trip.
Darren and Robin K, Pennsylvania