| || |
- Reservations: A deposit of 30% of the rental fee is required at time of reservation for rentals of 3 - 20 days. For rentals over 21 days, a deposit of only 25% of rental fee is required. Payment for deposit is to be done via renter's credit card. Once this deposit is received, the reservation will be confirmed. Full payment for the remainder of rental fee and any additional equipment, optional insurance or mileage package is then required upon pickup of the vehicle.
- Payments: Payment must be made in U.S. Dollars with a driver's credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard or American Express. We also accept payment for remainder of rental in cash, with a debit card or with travelers checks at time of Van pickup. Renter must also hold a proper Credit Card and this card will be used for the required security deposit (see below for further info). Sorry, we do not accept personal checks.
- Cancellations: All cancellations must be made in writing to Lost Campers Inc. Deposits are nonrefundable; although exceptions to this policy may apply.
Deposits: Before delivery of a Lost Campers vehicle to Renter, a security deposit is required. The security deposit is currently $400, which will be taken as an authorization (not a charge) on the Renter's credit card. Please make sure the funds are available on your card. This cannot be done with cash. This authorization will be cancelled upon the return of the vehicle if it is deemed undamaged, clean, all equipment is returned and in the same condition as when rented, and the vehicle is returned with a full tank of gas, as per the terms of this Rental Agreement. A credit card in the driver's name is required to rent a Lost Campers vehicle.
- Insurance: Our Insurance is very simple and uncomplicated:
See our Insurance page for further information.
License/Proof of Identification: All drivers must hold a full, valid driver's license for the entire rental period, plus have a major credit card. Further proof of identification may be required. An international driver's license is recommend for foreign tourists. Foreign tourists must also present their passport at time of vehicle pick up. Only drivers specified on the contract are allowed to drive Lost Campers vehicles. All specified drivers with their licenses must be present at time of vehicle pick up to sign paperwork. A driver cannot be added to contract if they do not come in person to a Lost Campers depot. An additional driver can be added to the rental agreement at a later time, by coming to a Lost Campers depot in person with their license to sign paperwork.
- Minimum Age of
Drivers: All drivers must be 21 years of age or older. Proof of age must be ascertained by a valid driver's license. We do not charge youth fees for drivers 21-25. Drivers 20 years and under are not permitted.
Drivers: Lost Campers' vehicles are designed for two or five person travel. The rental cost includes two drivers. Lost Campers does not charge any additional fees for the second driver.
- Vehicle Pick
Up and Drop Off: Lost Campers rental rates are based on a 24 hour period. Vehicles are available for pick up at the designated time on the first day of the rental and must be returned by the agreed time on the drop-off date. A one-hour grace period will be given for the late return of a vehicle, after which there will be a prorated charge of the daily rate for the first hour and second hour the vehicle is dropped off late. A full-day rental charge will be applied once the vehicle is more than 3 hours late. No refunds will be granted for shortened rentals. There are no refunds for late pick up or early return of vehicles.
- Minimum/Maximum Rental Period: The minimum rental period is 3 days in LOW season, 4 days in MID seasons and 5-7 days in HIGH season. Exceptions may apply. May also be longer over busy periods (usually last half of July and early August or around festival dates). We are able to rent our Campers for up to 4-6 months at a time. Special conditions apply. For lengthy rentals please emails us for details, as our website will not quote you for any rental longer than 90 days.
- Mileage: Rates include 100 miles per day. Extra miles will be charged at 25¢ per mile. An unlimited miles package can be pre-purchased for $25 per day. If purchasing the unlimited package a route plan or approximate mileage must provided at time of booking.
- Road Restrictions: Driving on unpaved roads (excluding county and state maintained roads), dirt roads, restricted areas and 'off road' areas is not allowed. Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown, collision, or other, associated with operating Lost Campers vehicles in these areas. Lost Campers' insurance protection will also be null and void. The following are restricted areas:
- Anywhere in Mexico and Alaska
- Anywhere in Canada, unless a specific Canadian coverage card is pre-purchased from Lost Campers at time of Van pickup, for a one-time fee of $100. Discounts for lengthy rentals will apply. This card allows the vehicle to be taken into Canada and allows access only to the Canadian States bordering the USA. (i.e., no travel to Yukon, Nth West Territories or further north than Edmonton, Alberta; etc.)
- Death Valley, unless specific approval has been given by Lost Campers' staff
- Any unimproved road, trail, track (excluding county and state maintained road)
- Any off-road areas (dunes, beaches, riverbeds, logging roads, forest trails, dirt trails etc.)
Rentals: One-way rentals are available between San Francisco-Los Angeles and Los Angeles-San Francisco. We require a min. rental period of 3-5 days for a one way rental, depending on availability. One way fees start as low as $50 with a maximum of $250. The drop fee depends on length of rental and travel dates. Our instant quotes & reservation page will quote current offers for one way drop fees. Please email us for further details especially for rentals longer than 21 days as we may be able to offer a better drop rate. We are also working on obtaining more Lost Campers depots around the country, so check back with us soon!
- Please do not smoke inside Lost Campers vehicles. Step outside to smoke!
- No pets are allowed (except designated service dogs) in the vehicles. Certain pets may be accepted with prior consent and with an additional pet deposit.
- All passengers must use vehicle restraint systems (seatbelts) while vehicle is in motion. No passenger is to travel in the back of the vehicle, unless factory seats and seatbelts are installed and used. Sorry guys and gals, no sitting on bed while vehicle is in motion. Lost Campers does not accept any liability for any injuries incurred to passengers traveling in the back of the vehicle and/or while not using seatbelts.
- Hotel and
Airport Transfers:This can be arranged for San Francisco rentals, if purchasing Lost Campers' VIP package. (For VIP airport package, please add an additional $25 to the entire rental price for a one-way shuttle, or $50 for return shuttle. SF city hotel pickup and drop off service is $20 each way. Price is good for transfer of all passengers with same booking - up to 4 people .) A pickup request must be made with us prior to arrival. Lost Campers cannot guarantee that a transfer is possible. The San Francisco depot is located half way between the airport and the city of San Francisco, in a very convenient location. The depot is located directly on a train line (MUNI T-line) less than a few miles from the heart of the city. Taxis cost approx $45 from SFO airport. LAX Airport customer pickup and dropoff - $20 each way - service not always available or guaranteed. Cannot be pre-booked. Please call us upon arrival at airport and if a staff member is available they'll happily come and get you. We currently do not offer a pickup or dropoff service for any other area in Los Angeles.
Conditions: All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of Lost Campers' Rental Agreement and its Addendum and any supplemental Rental Agreement. Rates, policies, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Lost Campers assumes no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage or injury that Renter might experience, no matter how it is caused or by whom.
The above is a summary of Terms and Conditions that form part of Lost Campers' full Rental Agreement. For detailed conditions, refer to the Lost Campers Rental Agreement and Addendum. The Lost Campers Rental Agreement and its Addendum thereto must be signed on the day you rent your campervan. Renter will receive a copy of the Rental Agreement, along with a copy of its Addendum thereto, upon delivery of the vehicle to Renter.
A full list of Lost Campers Terms and Conditions can be supplied on request.