A deposit of 40% of the entire rental fee is required at time of reservation. Once this deposit is received, the reservation will be confirmed. Full payment for the rental fee and any additional equipment or mileage package is then required upon pickup of the vehicle.
Payment must be made in U.S. Dollars with a driver's credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard or American Express. You can pay up to 25% of the rental in cash, Visa debit card or travelers checks at time of Van pickup and the remainder must be put on a credit card. Sorry, we do not accept personal checks.
All cancellations must be made in writing to Lost Campers Inc. Deposits are nonrefundable; although exceptions to this policy may apply.
Deposits: Before delivery of a Lost Campers vehicle to Renter, a security deposit is required. The security deposit is currently $600, which will be taken as an authorization on the Renter's credit card. Please make sure the funds are available on your card. This deposit will be cancelled upon the return of the vehicle if it is deemed undamaged, clean, all equipment is returned and in the same condition as when rented, and the vehicle is returned with a full tank of gas, as per the terms of this Rental Agreement. A credit card is required to rent a Lost Campers vehicle.
Our Insurance is very simple and uncomplicated:
See our Insurance page for further
License/Proof of Identification: All drivers must hold a full, valid driver's license for the entire rental period, plus have a major credit card. Further proof of identification may be required. An international driver's license is necessary for foreign tourists. Foreign tourists must also present their passport at time of vehicle pick up. Only drivers specified on the contract are allowed to drive Lost Campers vehicles. All specified drivers with their licenses must be present at time of vehicle pick up.
- Minimum Age of
Drivers: All drivers must be 21 years of age or older. Proof of age must be ascertained by a valid driver's license.
Drivers: Lost Campers' vehicles are designed for two or five person travel. The rental cost includes two drivers. Lost Campers does not charge any additional fees for the second driver.
- Vehicle Pick
Up and Drop Off: Vehicles are available for pick up at the designated time on the first day of the rental period, and must be returned by 10:00 a.m. on the agreed drop-off date. In certain circumstances, Lost Campers may make exceptions regarding the drop-off/return time. However, this must be specified and confirmed in advance. A one-hour grace period will be given for the late return of a vehicle, after which there will be a prorated charge of the daily rate for the first hour and second hour the vehicle is dropped off late. A full-day rental charge will be applied once the vehicle is more than 3 hours late. No refunds will be granted for shortened rentals. There are no refunds for late pick up or early return of vehicles.
- Minimum/Maximum Rental Period: The minimum rental period is 3 days in LOW and MID seasons and 5 days in HIGH season. Exceptions may apply. May also be longer over busy periods. We are able to rent our Campers for longer than 30 days. Special conditions apply. Please emails us for details, as our website will not quote you for any rental longer than 30 days.
Rates include 100 miles per day. Extra miles will be charged at 25¢ per mile. An unlimited miles package can be pre-purchased for $23 per day.
- Road Restrictions: Driving on unpaved roads (excluding county and state maintained roads), dirt roads, restricted areas and 'off road' areas is not allowed. Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown, collision, or other, associated with operating Lost Campers vehicles in these areas. Lost Campers' insurance protection will also be null and void. The following are restricted areas:
- Anywhere in Mexico
- Anywhere in Canada, unless a specific Canadian coverage card is pre-purchased from Lost Campers at time of Van pickup, for a one-time fee of $150. This card allows the vehicle to be taken into Canada and allows access only to the Canadian States bordering the USA. (i.e., no travel to Yukon, Nth West Territories etc.)
- Death Valley, unless specific approval has been given by Lost Campers' staff
- Any unimproved road, trail, track (excluding county and state maintained road)
- Any off-road areas (dunes, beaches, riverbeds, logging roads, forest trails, dirt trails etc.)
Rentals: We are now doing limited one-way rentals from San Francisco to Los Angeles. As our LA office is a drop-off facility only, we require a min. rental period of 14 days for one way rentals. There is also a one-way fee to cover our costs to return the vehicle to San Francisco. In our quieter months, we may make exceptions to the min rental period and the fee may be lower. Please contact us for more details. We are also working on obtaining more Lost Campers depots around the country, so check back with us soon!
- Please do not smoke inside Lost Campers vehicles. Step outside to smoke!
- No pets are allowed (except designated service dogs) in the vehicles. Certain pets may be accepted with prior consent and with an additional pet deposit.
- All passengers must use vehicle restraint systems (seatbelts) while vehicle is in
motion. No passenger is to travel in the back of the vehicle, unless factory seats and seatbelts are installed and used. Sorry guys and gals, no sitting on bed while
vehicle is in motion. Lost Campers does not accept any liability for any injuries
incurred to passengers traveling in the back of the vehicle and/or while not using
- Hotel and
Airport Transfers: This can be arranged if purchasing Lost Campers' VIP package. (For VIP airport package, please add an additional $25 to the entire rental price for a one-way shuttle, or $40 for return shuttle. SF city hotel pickup and drop off service is $10 each way. Price is good for transfer of all passengers with same booking.) This must be confirmed and booked prior to arrival. Lost Campers cannot guarantee that a transfer is possible. The Lost Campers depot is located half way between the airport and the city of San Francisco, in a very convenient location. The depot is located directly on a train line (T-line) less than 10 minutes from the city. Taxis cost approx $30-35 from SFO airport.
Conditions: All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions of Lost Campers' Rental Agreement and its Addendum and any supplemental Rental Agreement. Rates, policies, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Lost Campers assumes no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage or injury that Renter might experience, no matter how it is caused or by whom.
The above is a summary of Terms and Conditions that form part of Lost Campers' full Rental Agreement. For detailed conditions, refer to the Lost Campers Rental Agreement and Addendum. The Lost Campers Rental Agreement and its Addendum thereto must be signed on the day you rent your campervan. Renter will receive a copy of the Rental Agreement, along with a copy of its Addendum thereto, upon delivery of the vehicle to Renter.
A full list of Lost Campers Terms and Conditions can be supplied on request.